Friday, September 5, 2008

Tidbits

Wow, what happened to August?! I was going to write about it this morning but I WAS WORKING AT MY NEW JOB. Oh, fine, I was working for two hours. I suppose that anyone who listens to me talk about this wants to stick a sock in my mouth. Yes, I have a new job. A job in an office. At a desk. Under florescent lights. I file and write data on forms. I try and figure out escrows. I look up addresses on the MLS. I work for a Realtor. I cannot say anything bad about this. I was offered the job. I took it. Twenty hours a week. The bosses talk about getting me my real estate license. Sweet. Not. Okay, actually, it's just not me. I don't know what direction I'm going on this, only that I've figured out ONE MORE THING I do not want to be.

Back to August. My son went back to school. Whooo-Who! I love my boy but I would have a nervous breakdown if the school week was only three days long. I'm all for year round school, and if I had the time you'd probably see me outside the grocery store armed with a petition on a clipboard.

The fair. We didn't enter a darn thing this year. We went and ate fair food. Cotton candy. Funnel cakes. Chicken on a stick. Played the games. For the first time, Jay lost more than he won. That was good. It's scary when your child's experiences with gambling turn out well. We didn't do any rides (after the tilt-a-whirl last year I kinda gave that up) but we did check out the animals.

On relationships; here's one of my favorite quotes;
"I don't think it's the other person's responsibility to make you whole. It's the other person's responsibility to make you laugh, to give you a dance now and then, to read the newspaper and tell you about things you don't have time to read about, to introduce you to music you don't know...to fight fair, to be good in bed, to say, 'come on, let's go have an adventure' when you've become a little bit of a stick in the mud."
--Susan Sarandon

I've had that quote on my fridge for twelve years and never met anyone that I thought could do that. Until now.

Jay asked me this question tonight....
Does the world have it's own birthday?

Tidbits. Dim sum. Tasty morsels. I love how that can relate to food or, or, or...ANYTHING! Little yummy pieces. Tidbits and dim sum are just other ways to say tasty morsels. In the thesaurus (I LOVE the thesaurus) it lists these others; nibbly, goody, and delicacies. I love words. I think Tasty Morsels would be a great name for a book of poetry. Haiku. Oh, and get this; I'm not teaching poetry this semester. First semester in YEARS. I didn't have enough students. Instead I'm working in an office. Under fluorescent lights.


Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.
--Anne Sexton

2 comments:

Whispering Willow said...

OMG if you had to get your real estate license, that means you'd have to come visit me at the test center I work at. :D Remember that one time you called and it was me that answered the phone... anywho, I certainly wouldn't hold it against you if you NEVER came in for those tests haha.

Imez said...

This makes me feel horrible to write down, but I think that maybe Sarandon is still asking a little much of one person.

Congrats on your flourescent light job.