Thursday, April 17, 2008

Musical Blog

If there is music playing right now, it's because I have a play list at the bottom of my blog. I put some of my favs (Doesn't the word favs just make you cringe) on there for your listening pleasure. If you despise them, or just prefer to read my words in silence, you can turn it off. In my poetry class one semester, I had everyone make mixed CD's for each other as the midterm, hahaha, just kidding, of course I gave a real test. (Lyrics ARE poetry, btw) Anyway, it was so cool. I got introduced to scads of new music that I NEVER would have heard otherwise. Music is sort of like quotes...it can change your whole outlook, just one great song. Actually, thinking about it, it can also totally get you so far down it's like you're in a deep black hole. So, yeah for music!

Stan has a new dog door and as you can see, he is not pleased. He would prefer I jump up from the couch or sprint to the door every time he has to (as my mom would say) tinkle or explore bugs or hunt for the ball he hid fifteen minutes ago. It's a swanky one with two flaps and a tunnel thru the wall. I have to stick his head through it and push his little furry ass and then he's outside. He needs no help coming back in, of course. He'll get used to it.

I just made a big pot of coffee and it's 5:00 pm. I have so many boxes to put away and things to sort through from moving and I've been yawning all day. There's something so fun about drinking a pot of coffee and staying up until 2:00 am. Oh, wait, did I say fun? I meant to leave the n off and add something else :) I have gotten rid of so much crap, and cleaned and purged. Even after not buying clothes or ANY accoutrement to wear since June, my closet was stupid full. Cleaning house. I love it when the metaphor matches the action.

This move has been good, yet difficult at times. I have to say, again, I love my friends. They have stepped up for me and helped me move and listened and hung out and been there. So here's a quote for them.......

Perhaps the secret of living well is not in having all the
answers but in pursuing unanswerable questions in
good company.
--Rachel Naomi Remen

And another, just because I like it.

I found out that the things that hurt us the most can
become the fuel and the catalyst that propel us toward
our destiny. It will either make you bitter or it will
make you better.
-- T.D. Jakes

2 comments:

KABAM! said...

Great quotes. Great pup!

karla said...

I would imagine for a dog that big, the dog door would be the size of a people door. I am picturing a 6-ft. tall door with a flap on it.