Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Recap. Partial.

I was going to do a recap of 2008, after being inspired by my friend Tyge's blog, but decided I should wait until 2009, So, instead I'm going to recap this day. I woke up at 8:11 am. I'll tell you, 8:00 am used to be EARLY for me, but now it's sleeping in. That's what happens when you grow up. I can remember the days of staying up until 5am and sleeping until 3 in the flipping afternoon. Okay, that was 20 years ago. But I do vaguely remember it. So, up by 8:15, check e-mails, read the paper, have coffee (Starbucks of course). I've been sick with a miserable cold the last 5 weeks (when I get a cold it just lingers FOREVER) and I've been taking Muscinex D and using my beloved netti pot. Basically, you fill this little mini ceramic watering can with warm salt water and lean over the sink and put the spout up your nose and tilt your head and the water RUNS THROUGH YOUR SINUSES AND OUT THE OTHER NOSTRIL. Yes, it's true. I like to do it when my son has friends over. Is that too much information? Anyhoo. it works. The first time I used it I thought I was going to drown. Moving on. Then, I got dressed in my UNIFORM and went to work at Starbucks. The ski resort is open here (btw, we got 3 feet of snow over the last two weeks) and people were flocking in to get a grande triple half caf 2 pump hazelnut 3 pump vanilla non fat soy latte. Really. I love my job but I get very confused. Then, after work, home. Changed clothes, got Jay, went to the post office, the bank, the shoe store (I got the most awesome boots for Christmas, and I'm not really a shoe girl so I needed someone to tell me what to do to keep them nice). Came home, got mail (still getting Christmas cards, still getting bills), unloaded dishwasher. Jay, B and I met some friends of mine for Mexican food. I really like being with a man I feel good about introducing to my friends. Sounds simple. Hasn't always worked. Came home, played Apples to Apples (I LOVE this game. Thanks Suzy), got Jay in bed, checked blogs (that's where I am now). My yearly recap will be 365 times this long. KIDDING.

1 comment:

Sturdy Girl said...

Yeah you should recap the year but I have to warn you - it's kinda like when I started a diary (I've started 343,300 of them in my lifetime) and by the first week I realize that every friggin day is exactly the same and then I start to make shit up until it's more like My Made Up Life which I discover I like better so I throw the diary away and go out into the world determined to do nothing but fantasize all day long because let's face it, it's way more entertaining.