Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I love cookies

Last night, as I drifted off to sleep, I thought about a great blog to write. I even contemplated getting out of bed and writing it. But the lights were off. My eyes were closed. I was in that quite heavenly drowsy space where the sheets feel like some strange kind of good medicine, and the pillow is fitting itself perfectly underneath your neck, and frankly, there was no way I was going to disturb that. So, in my intoxicating sleepiness, I vowed to remember my blog thought. And today, IT'S COMPLETELY GONE. 

Instead, once again, I'm going to write a little bit about food. Haha. I LOVE food. Tonight I made spinach and mushroom enchiladas. I sauteed the garlic and onion first in olive oil until the garlic got all hard and crispy (acquired taste) and then added mushrooms and spinach. The rest of it's in the recipe...

Sauce:
Garlic (you decide what you can handle)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (healthy request, damn it)
1 8oz carton light sour cream
1 small can diced green chilies

Filling:
olive oil
onion (real or dried minced)
2 cups mushrooms
Garlic (see above)
Cumin (same deal)
About 20 oz spinach (I use fresh, your choice)
1 cup shredded jack cheese

10-15 corn tortillas

Prepare sauce ingredients in a bowl.
Put oil in skillet, saute stuff for filling, add half cheese when off heat and stir up.
Fill tortillas with filling, roll them up, and put seam down in 9x9 square pan (this recipe makes two pans so one can go in the freezer for a whole other night!).
Cover with sauce and some cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Yum.

(If you have children who are spoiled, just make a few cheese enchiladas too and don't make them eat any vegetables. They will love you at that minute but will resent you later in life for screwing up their health.)

B had seconds, so did I, and Jay ate cookies. Kidding. I made him cheese enchiladas, and THEN he made cookies afterwards. And I did make him eat some tomato.

I'm open to ideas for my next 30 days of you-call-it. (30 days of crap? 30 days of Mondays? 30 days of dealing with rude people at the post office? 30 days of self-improvement? 30 days of finding silhouettes in the wood grain of the laminate flooring?) If I feel like I have to write, I WILL write and I WILL enjoy it. Forced writing. Hmmmmm. Or maybe I should just keep a notebook by the bed for when I have my own ideas. SO I DON"T FORGET THEM.

No comments: