Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daily

I think it's time for some news commentary......

The Swine Flu - Of COURSE I believe it's a pandemic. Everyone who knows me knows I've already bought gallons of fresh water, many cans of tuna fish, and a plethora of twenty pound bags of dried beans. I'm prepared and I know it's going to be just like a movie. I still wonder what exactly will cause everyone (except me, some close friends, family, B, Jay and my neighbors) to become flesh eating zombies.

Arlen Specter - You go, sir. I love it when Republican's come to their senses. Hahahaha.

Chrysler bankruptcy - Probably a good idea. I've driven Honda cars for over a decade and I've never had to take my car in for any repairs at all (unless I've misjudged my turning radius and plowed into another car). Maybe they'll restructure and figure out a way to make it work.

Obama's first 100 days - Yes, It's true, he's done a great job. It's very hard right now to not say things to piss off any Republcan friends I have left after the Specter comment. So, I won't say anything. In real words. Nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhh.

That's all the news I want to comment on right now. But there are two things I'm in a quandry about. They're not big things, or maybe they are, but I'm curious as to how to deal with them. There should be a place to send in big adult life questions. Like a type of Santa Clause who brings answers down the chimney instead of presents. Or a parent "lite" with all the answers but none of the guilt. So, I bring my questions here, because those other two options are unavailable, not for answers but for mulling over.

First, there is a girl I work with at one of my jobs who is clearly anorexic. At what point, as a human being, does one say something? Does one ever say anything? Maybe she's in treatment. Maybe she doesn't realize. I have no idea what protocal is here. Maybe, like Tori Spelling, she's just "thin" and I'm the one with the problem. Maybe it would send her over the edge. Maybe it would wake her up. How do we know when it's right to speak up?

The other is my blog. I've toyed with going private. The only thing is that then everyone has to log in to see it. I like having it public, aside from the fact that I believe there are a couple people checking in on me that are CRAZY. Just so you know it's not you (or so you know it IS you), I'll tell you, one's the ex of a friend, and one's the mom of an ex of mine. Hello, when I stopped seeing your son, I also stopped seeing you. And you, the other one, Miss G, why are you interested in ME? Both of you...it's time to move on. It's new territory I suppose, this web/blog/internet realm, and the nasty, lurking aspect of it is just a part of being visible (can you say obsession?). I can't control who buys my book (yes, yes, buy my book). And I think I might have even looked up, secretly, a few folks from years gone by, but then I let it go. I suppose it really doesn't matter. My blog friend Imez stopped blogging because a couple people she knew started reading her blog. It made me kind of sad when she stopped blogging because her blog was so real and honest and touching. But I could understand. Another blog girl went private and now I have to log on each time I want to read. But I refuse to stop! And I love that some of my friends read my blog. I wish EVERYONE read my blog, well, obviously except for a couple people. I suppose that if my words are that interesting, I should be flattered (that statement is SO my mom).

And lastly, B has a new, cool Etsy pottery site. It's kindkilnpottery.etsy.com check it out

5 comments:

said...

I can't give advice on the girl with the weight problem... that's out of my league! BUT! I think you should keep your profile public, regardless of who reads it and be flattered that people still care to see what you're up to! Me, I'll keep reading it no matter what you decide!

jill or jay said...

Yeah, you're right...it's just a blog. And really, what are they going to find out about me....my secret for growing turnips? My book is far more insightful than my blog and anyone can buy that :) Public it stays. And thank you.

Brook Ann ( the Great ) said...

Jill, I can't believe that you are think about going private, please send me an invite if you do. Also can't believe it because I have bene thinking about this whole privacy issue just lately, as there is one individual that I know follows my blog and as a result I suddenly feel edited. I have never been edited, how lame. I shouldn't care, but I do anyway, and as a result I am blogging less, as I know you have noticed, and I am sad about it. All of this is very sad to me. Because genious godesses like you and I have much to share with the world, and we shouldn't be edited because of some crazies that lurk about.

Brook Ann ( the Great ) said...

Please ignore the spelling errores. obviously I can't write today.

jill or jay said...

Brook Ann, I do miss your blogs and I think it is horrible that we feel like we have to censor just because of some individuals. I agree that we have a lot to share with the world. Sometimes I think how funny it would be to just name my lurkers and write crazy stories about them. I will not stop writing! And you too!! We need your experiences and insights!