Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Growing

I am so tired right now but I must catch you up on the garden. B built me 4 raised beds, each 4x8. I have 8 broccoli and 4 cauliflower plants in one, 4 tomato, a jalapeno, red bell pepper, Santa Fe grande pepper, and banana pepper, cilantro and onions in another. In the third I have watermelon, pumpkin, cantaloupe and 27 corn stalks. In the lat I have turnips, beets, radishes, round carrots (I kid you not) and long carrots, along with zucchini, yellow squash, yellow bell pepper, spaghetti squash, eggplant and one more that I can't remember and am too tired to go out and look. I have wall of water's around some of them because I live in Flagstaff and it could snow the first week of June. Really. Wall of water's are these amazing circular "walls" that have chambers that you fill with water and they surround the plant. They get warm during the day and then the water retains the heat and keeps the plants warm and cozy. I WILL have pictures soon.

I need to do a thirty day blog assignment soon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

hermitgirl said...

i love wall of water! yay gardening!