Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday

I have to write a blog post. Have to. Must. I've just shuffled through all of the other blogs that I read and no one is writing. It's up to me.


I'm back. After writing that sentence I got up and made a cake. A white cake with chocolate frosting. What one will do to get out of writing! But, I can't escape it. And, I have been writing a bit. But I'm not going to talk about it. I always hate when people (me) just talk about what they're *doing* but never really *do* it. So, moving on. My seedlings are growing. They're huge and sprawling. And it's too damn early to plant them outside. BY A WHOLE MONTH. Timing was way off. The other picture on this post is of SNOW on my lawn taken yesterday.

Jay has a fever. 103 yesterday morning. The advice is this; if it's over 105 and Motrine won't bring it down, bring him in. So, he's laying in bed. Do you ever feel like a hundred and three fever would just be worth the opportunity to lie in bed and do nothing? No errands or chores or phone calls. And you could pull the covers up and over your head and everything would look bluish and even, like a winter sky? Yeah, me too.

We have a bagel at Starbucks called a chonga bagel. They look really good, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cheese, etc. But as a customer I could never order one because saying the words "chonga bagel" seems so wrong. I also feel like I can't really tell funny/embarrassing stories about Starbucks or my customers because, when I wrote about Guinness beer once, I had a comment from Guinness within a DAY. It was a nice comment...they just gave me a few facts I had left out, but it was weird that as soon as I put their name on my blog, they KNEW. And I need to work, so, no crazy ass stories about customers coming through the drive through with three freaking tiny dogs all trying to devour my hand as I give them their triple mocha frappicino with one pump raspberry syrup, three pumps vanilla, extra whip, two shots of espresso and carmal drizzle.

I did a youth poetry festival last weekend. It was fun and I felt like I knew my stuff. I had a reading Friday night and I taught a workshop to 13 - 19 year old kids on Saturday. There were 14 of them. They were aware and talkative and wanted to write. I love doing those things. I'm good at it. People like me. Why do I end up doing that kind of thing maybe twice a year? Hmmm.

A good movie (on video) I saw; Lars and the Real Girl. A good movie (at the theater) I saw; Race to Witch Mountain. A good book; Same Kind of Different As Me. The Race to Witch Mountain thing.... I LOVED that book when I was a kid AND The Rock was cool.

I think I may have made the cake just to smell that "baking cake" smell.

No comments: