Wednesday, July 15, 2009

____________________

There are too many things going on around here to write. I meant to say, there's nothing going on here to write about. Seriously, I'm still debating what to do my "30 days of _________" about. In the meantime, a few things......

My book, Game, was a finalist in the Patterson Poetry Prize. Li-Young Lee was the winner and he is amazing so I'm okay with it. I got the letter of congratulations - the one where they ask me to come and read my poems in NEW JERSEY. In FEBRUARY. For 300.00. And I put that letter in yet another one of my paper piles and thought...I can never do THAT. After a few days, during which time I realized I've never been to New York City, and I also realized (again) that life just fucking slips away if you let it, I have now decided that I am GOING to NEW YORK CITY. To read poems. And see museums. And Time Square.

My garden rocks.

I just started an etsy store. And, it's not about hand made stuff. It's a vintage store. It's only been up for a few days and I still have a lot more to add to it, but it's going. It's wonderbumble.etsy.com. I am too lazy to go through the cut and paste process right now, but if you look up wonder and then you look up bumble, that's got to be a good word if you smash 'em together.

1 comment:

Ms. Sushi said...

I was house sitting for a mutual friend of ours recently, and read through her copy of your book. It’s fantastic! Congratulations! Have fun in NYC. (The MoMA is my favorite museum.)