Tuesday, February 16, 2010

tv

I am so addicted to Dexter. At work, I think, Wow, that woman in line reminds me of Rita. I spend many daydreaming moments wondering, Can someone in law enforcement really do that? I think of the characters as real people. I look forward to watching Dexter like one might look forward to a nice dinner. Ahhhh, I say when I sit down to watch, the reward to my long day.

It's sick. I have a house to clean. I have pictures to organize. I have actual novels on my nightstand to read. I could spend that late night Dexter time sleeping! I am so addicted to that show that I'm looking forward to the last episode. Then I can just be done.

I was at work this morning at 4:15. Yes. FOURFIFTEEN in the AM. I texted B during my break at 6:00. There was no Good Morning or Have a Good Day. My text went like this......"So, my take is this; Lila is going to kill Doakes to get Dexter back. They'll both be gone. Problem solved." Sheeeesh.

I've been thinking about the resolutions. I have decided to add to them, maybe on a daily basis for the entire month of February. I don't think one can have too many resolutions. I figure if I get close to 75% realized I'll be groovy (funny tangent - I just looked up current slang for "great" and found "groovy" - that is so wrong). So, here are a couple more....

*I'm going to keep a decent bottle of champagne in my refrigerator at all times.
*Once a week I'm going to make it a point to call someone I haven't spoken to in a while, just to say hello.

Okay, these last two resolutions (proclamation? goals?) sound like something out of a Redbook Magazine article on "How to have a sunny disposition" which makes me throw up a little. I obviously need to revise....

*I'm going to keep a decent bottle of champagne in my refrigerator at all times so I can drink Mimosa's before going to work in the morning.
*Once a week I'm going to make it a point to call someone I haven't spoken to in a while, just to say hello or to ask where in the hell is the fucking money they owe me.

There, that's better.

No comments: