Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Funny haha, or funny peculiar......

Something I never thought would happen. In the last week or so I've heard from, or run into, several "good friends" of the guy the court convicted of aggravated assault. They seem to be quite fine with the way things turned out, and it's no surprise to them that he's going to prison. It's a strange thing to find out how people really feel.

Snow = yuck. Oh, it wasn't always this way. I used to love snow. When I was a kid my mom used to make me wear bread bags over my socks, (yes, really) and then put my feet into my boots. She said it made the boots come off easier and kept feet warmer. I never see kids doing that now and if I suggested it to Jay I think he'd laugh right in my face. But back then I would go out in the snow all the time. I loved to sled and build forts and stomp around. Even a decade ago I loved it. I would pack up my cross country gear and go ski in the forest or out at the nordic center. But now, I just want something warm and, well, snow-free. I'm tired of driving in it, walking on it and shivering from it. Ideally, a little snow, seen at night from a living room window, falling under the street light, would be beautiful. But it would need to melt the next day in 65 degree weather. THAT kind of snow I could enjoy.

For those of you that didn't know....coconut milk is CLEAR. I didn't know. I thought it was white. Like MILK. Why not call it coconut JUICE? Jay had a friend spend the night a few weeks ago and we all went to the store.
B was the only one that had ever opened up a coconut before (why didn't that surprise me?) so we got one. Yes. Clear.

I'm not a good joke teller. Never have been. I always forget the joke, or my timing's off, or I pick a joke that's not even funny. I saw this one the other day and liked it, and since I don't have to TELL it.....

There's this man at a bar, just staring at his drink. He stays like that for half of an hour.

This big guy walks up next to him, takes the drink, and just drinks it all down. The poor man starts crying. The guy says, "Come on, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man cry."

"It's not that," the man says. "This day is the worst of my life. First, I did my taxes last night and owe a LOT of money, I didn't get to sleep until 3:00 am, I woke up late, and was late to work. It's the fifth time I've been late this month, and I missed a crucial meeting. Then my boss fired me. When I left the building, I found out my car has been stolen. I got a cab to go home, and when I got out at my house and tried to pay the driver, I couldn't find my wallet and credit cards. "

"When I walked in the house, I found my wife in bed with the gardener. I left and came to this bar. And just when I was about to put an end to my life, you showed up and drank my poison."


Hahaha.

And here's one more that made me laugh.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi jill,

i know what you mean about the snow, a bit over the top this year, drove david to the docs (again) in phoenix yesterday and it was spring! so i suggest taking a day trip south 2 hours and warm up a bit, really does make this years cold bearable... dint bother me at all last year....
hugs my dear and i am glad you refuse the "victum" role and you followed through on nailing the non-human, that is the really hard part....

ps we did the plastic bag thing too... and did it this year cuz the snow got so high on the way to feeding the neighbors chickens... garbage bags up to my thighs!
ginny