Monday, March 1, 2010

Let-Downs

Well, the Olympics are over. Four more years until the next Winter Olympics and it's gonna go by like a short track skater. Yes, I love Apollo Ohno. He's fast and he's lucky. I'm kind of glad they're over. I love watching them but they're on so LATE. I sound like an old fuddy duddy. And then, it takes forever to see the people you want to see. Plus, I feel guilty if I don't watch them because it's not on again for FOUR YEARS, so if I like 'em, I should watch 'em. So, even though I might need to grade papers or clean the bathroom, I feel obligated to watch the Olympics. And then, there's this perverse love of the "crash" (come ON, you know you love it too....the wipe-out on the ski slope or the fall after the doubletriplelutz). And immediately after the CRASH is the guilt at having secretly WANTED the crash when you know it DASHED someones hopes and dreams of the MEDAL. All in all, it's a good thing they're only on every four years. Obviously I'd go MAD if they were on more often.

We've gone through 3 seasons of Dexter and now we're ready for season 4 and it doesn't come out until this SUMMER!!!! Waaaaaaa. I got so involved. Okay, I need a series. It's going to be Weeds, or Six Feet Under I think, How's that one with Holly Hunter, Grace something? And no True Blood because B is not into Vampires. I'm starting to enjoy the technological era. I like being able to bust through a whole season of shows in a weekend. It's slightly "instant gratification" overload but it saves time.

Non let-down item...... my friend Jackie and I are taking the boys (Jay and her son, Michael) to see Switchfoot on Thursday. A concert! on a school night! and I don't work Friday! We're going to take lighters for the encore and hide boda bags filled with Boones Farm under our coats....oh wait, that was me in the 80's. Hahahaha. I figure Switchfoot is a step up from The Jonas Brothers and Hillary Duff. Jay's first concert was Jethro Tull when he was three and since then we've seen Widespread Panic and a couple others. I figure he'll only want to actually go with me to concerts for, hmmmm, let's see, maybe another MONTH before he just banishes me altogether from any social events that he attends.

It's really okay that I could only think of two things to blog about on my "Let-downs" post. I even had to use filler "non-let-down" text. Whereas I suppose I could just change the title of this post to "Hmmmmm" or "Dexter, concerts and the Olympics" I think I would prefer to just appreciate that I don't have many let-downs right now.

The ideas that have lighted my way have been kindness,
beauty and truth.
--Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my vote is for Weeds next!!