Friday, March 28, 2008

Go Read a Book

This is a shameless plug for a wonderful event. The Northern Arizona Book Festival is coming to Flagstaff and it is gonna rock. We have some very cool writers who will be reading their work. We have a dance troupe (what a strange word, troupe. It's one of those words that when written down, just looks weird, misspelled, not quite right, but in your head it makes perfect sense), art, and interesting panels (yes, another. It's panels as in people sitting at long tables talking about stuff, not sections of walls). I'm having a little bit of word wonderment today. Ahem, moving on. If you can't make it to Flagstaff (for all my readers in Madagascar), please check out the authors and just read the books in whatever place you live. Dorothy Allison is wonderful (read Bastard Out of Carolina), and Tim Seibles is an awesome poet. (I'm also having a parentheses obsession) Finally, I have been trying for half an hour to get a picture of the poster on this blog and I have failed...so, go to this link and check it out. Oh, I'm reading too. For the Bookfest. At night. In a large auditorium.

And since I can't seem to get a picture of the poster up, I'm just going to put up this one I took of my front yard.

Oh, I'm just kidding (but if you were going to have pink flamingos in your yard, wouldn't you want it to look like THIS?)

No comments: