Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Book Festival #2, etc

Hey, I'm doing another one. May 15 - 17, I'll be at the Kingman KABAM.

I'm planning on doing the Oprah show in the fall, although I haven't heard from her yet. Silly.

Jay and I are also heading to Kansas in June. Holy Schmoly, I forgot, I bought a flipping house in Kansas. What was I thinking?! We're excited. I love road trips and I think it will be a beautiful drive. Plus, not a bad time of year weather-wise. Aside from the massive, driving-rain, swirling tornados.

My family is having a memorial for my mom and dad back there in late June. It's very hard, sometimes, to believe they're gone. I think a lot, probably too much, about that. Where are they? I don't know exactly what Heaven I believe in. I want to know for sure but there is no "knowing for sure". It's helped me at times to read what other people think. I've found some books and quotes (of course) that make me feel a modicum of comfort. There is one that I loved that talked about how the body is the womb for the soul. How, when the soul is born, it discards the body. I liked that one. I get mixed up sometimes between hope and faith and grief. I would pretty much be satisfied by only one thing....if they would call me on the phone and say, "Hey, It's your dad (mom) and I'm doing fine here. Now go get a real job" That last part would assure me it was really them.

I want to put some of this in a book and I'd love some help, so.......
If you could send me an e-mail that says, in a few paragraphs or so, what you think happens when we take that very last breath....and into the next few minutes or hours or years (or is it timeless?). What happens? What happens. Where do we/you/they go? Send it to jilliebug@aol.com - If you can get anyone else to write, do that too. And if you are a close personal friend of Bono or Obama or Cher, or even somebody from American Idol or your local City Hall, have them give me their thoughts too. Or the Chinese man at the bakery or the woman with the big blond hair at the gym. Really.

I'm thinking about writing books and doing the documentary about my mom. I'm thinking of finishing up the furniture and getting my garden started. I'm thinking of filing an extension for my One Year of Opus....... uh oh.

Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment. -Eckhart Tolle

No comments: