Monday, May 19, 2008

What's So Fun(ny)

(Still immersed in my parentheses fetish)

Did I mention that I love The Office? I love it so much that it makes Jay angry. I say, on Thursday nights, If you want a story, you better be in your bed, teeth brushed, by 7:40, cause I'm watching The Office at 8:00. And, if he stalls and pokes about and gets in bed at five till eight, I have to throw it down....Sorry, dude, my show's coming on, turn your light off when you're done reading (kind of in the vein of Don't Let The Door Hit You On Your Way Out). Then he says ten-year-old-boy things like, I Wish The Electricity Would Go Out Right Now And Then You couldn't Watch The Office And You'd Have To Read Me A Book. At which time I fling back, Still Couldn't, No Lights Dude.

And for another good laugh, I had my celebrity look-a-likes configured. I found this on my friend Tyge's blog (okay, we've never met, but my theory is that if I like someones writing, and they make me laugh, and they have any musical taste whatsoever, they must be a friend). It appears that I look like lots of cool people. I wonder if Don Rickles or Ruth Buzzi ever pops up on these things. I especially like that I look like Rob Lowe.

MyHeritage - free family trees, genealogy and face recognition" target="_blank">

On to the fun. I have been listening to a new band (new for me; they've been around for awhile), Widespread Panic. I put one of their songs on my Ear Candy so check it out.

Jay and I went fishing again and I got the Blue Heron picture.
And Jay caught fish. Two trout.

The Kingman KABAM was very fun. I read my poems, worked in the high school and just had an overall good experience.

I don't know if I'm reaping in some karmic goodness, or just being a lucky s.o.b. right now, but I'm experiencing all these good, kind, full-of-heart, interesting people. I'm having some great experiences and supreme, groovy, joyfullicious (new word alert) moments. So, whoever I need to thank; the universe or god or my mom and dad, I am so flipping thankful.

I've been writing a lot lately. Trying to work my brain before I have to (Aacckk!) go check out the "real job" arena. One-sentence poems have been my new personal assignment so I'll leave you with one of those....



o.s.p. 4 heron
From here I see
the wind tousle
the smoky feathers
that give you flight
and I hear
their sound
as you rise up
in the still
sky, whispering
freedom.


2 comments:

hermitgirl said...

funny

funny

awesome

:)

Carl Cooke said...

None of those women match your beauty.