Friday, April 16, 2010

Thank You Heroes For doing a Good Job.

I have a car. (In case you haven't read my last two posts, I'm doing a whole month about ME. Hahaha. So I decided to start every post off with the word "I") I was driving home in it this afternoon and saw several people walking on the sidewalk in a group - say 6 or 7. I came to a stop light next to them as they were walking and noticed who they were. There were 4 or 5 people with Downs Syndrome or something similar. And a couple people who were the care givers. Those people are my heroes. Everyone was smiling and the Downs folks were having a ball. The care givers were too, skipping along side when one of the others started to gallop about like a horse, and hugging when someone wanted a hug. It was just a short little glance at another world but it made me appreciate those who really do "do things for others." It's an area of my life that could stand a bit of work.

Random stuff....I love my home. I'm not afraid of tornadoes. My first two wheel bike was a glittery blue Stingray with a banana seat and a sissy bar. I sometimes wonder where the playground sport of tether ball went. I like the ritual of coffee almost as much as the coffee itself.

4 comments:

said...

Tornados, nay, MOTHER NATURE, scares the hell out of me.

said...

...and as far as tether ball... have you not ever seen the ending of Napolean Dynamite?

jill or jay said...

Tyge - That scene in Napolean Dynamite is what made me think of tetherball! My dad drilled a big hole in our driveway when I was a kid and I could just pop the tetherball pole in and my friends and I were good to go. I NEVER see that anymore. On playgrounds either. It's gone. Just gone.....

Sally said...

Jill - I am currently in Iowa and while at a school playground yesterday, noticed the two tetherball...err...courts?...stands?...poles? I think poles. Anyway, the sport seems to be alive and well in small-town-midwest-America!