Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2008 Summation (not)

I'll sum up 2008 next year. It definitely had its highs and lows. Right now I have more important things to write....

My wonderful friend Kate sent this to me today.

Watch this

Sometimes life gets so hectic or overwhelming that we forget the importance of friends. This video made me remember. And it's not just a girl thing. B talked to several of his friends today and I could feel how good it was for him to do that. Feeling connected is such a relief. It's a comfort. It's a hoot. Sometimes it's a good cry.

Also, I started teaching school again and I always hand out a student information survey. I had my favorite response to question #2 yesterday. The question is "What are your educational and employment goals?" and I had a girl in my poetry class write, "I don't really want to get a job. I want to live in a flying house"

She is so getting an A.

No comments: