Saturday, January 31, 2009

I break a Hershey bar up into the tub of popcorn...

Slumdog Millionaire. Go see it.

Beautiful conversation about Slumdog Millionaire......kind of....
Son - So, what did you and B do today?
Me (after picking my son up from his father's house) - We saw a movie, Slumdog Millionaire. I think you could even see it. It was wonderful. This year I want to see all the movies that are up for the Academy Awards"
Son - Is Mall Cop up for an award?
Me - Ummm. No.
Son - Man, that's a great movie. I can't believe it's not up for an award. It was the #1 rated movie for at least three weeks in a row.
Me - Oh. Maybe Slumdog wouldn't work for you.
Son - Yeah, the guy who played the mall cop was awesome. Man, I loved that movie. I can't believe it's not up for movie of the year.
Me - That good huh?

2 comments:

said...

Your son probably didn't see the movie, but apparently Robert Downey Jr. is up for a best supporting Oscar for his role in Tropic Thunder. Al Jolsen has to be rolling in his grave and so would be Ted Dansen if he was dead. Love the beauty of your posts.

Anonymous said...

See Frost / Nixon! The first adult movie I have viewed this year. ahhh... how sad.
I miss the days of seeing all the Academy Award Nominated films and those fun parties watching the show with you!
Love you!
S.