Saturday, February 19, 2011

I love......

nothing today. Oh, I do. I brought a caterpillar in out of the snow. I made white chicken chili. I had one lovely glass of St Francis Claret. I even told my son that he needed to turn off his cell phone because he has a friend over. When you have a guest, listen to them, talk to them and BE PRESENT. I liked all those things. I might have even loved them in my "I love it all" way. But I also feel sad about a lot of the world. People are suffering from floods and earthquakes and nothing gets done. Children get treated badly by the very people they trust. Loneliness is epidemic. Our politicians are corrupt and we have no heros. We stop having conversations with the people we should be talking to, preferring texting and IM's and facebook. (I saw a couple at a table in a restaurant the other day and they were sitting there across from each other, texting.) There's not much to depend on. People lose their jobs and houses and loved ones and we just keep plodding on. I don't love that stuff. None of it. But I love, for some reason, that I can write it down. I love that I can see it, and just keep breathing.

No comments: