Monday, August 13, 2007

Jay's News

My son, Jay, has a news flash.....MY MOM CRASHED INTO A BMW THIS MORNING. Yes, he's saying that to everyone we've seen today. No matter if we know them or not. No matter if they are standing next to us in line at the grocery store or two blocks away downtown, he's letting everyone know. Hollering, in fact. Shouting it out, loud and clear. Now, let me clarify. I did not CRASH into anything. I was parallel parked downtown and the car in front of me had left me with not quite enough room to pull out. I very gently backed up to give my self room, while looking in the rear view mirror AND backing up at 2 mph. The woman pulling out of the bank was looking toward her left and we lightly touched bumpers. Yes, lightly touched. Of course, the sound of lightly touching bumpers can be very loud and jarring, BUT it was by no means a crash. We both got out and looked over the non-damage. Both apologized, and got back in our cars and drove away. But, now I am the woman, in my son's eyes, who crashed into a BMW. He recalled a Cops episode (where in the heck is he watching cops?!) where something similar happened. "Mom," he said, "Do you know what a hit and run is?" Yes I do I said but that is NOT what I did.

I can't wait until school starts so I can go back to doing the embarrassing things by myself.

2 comments:

barley wine paul said...

when people park like that it is time to whip out the condiments!

Maewen Archer said...

Kids love it when you do something wrong. My daughter is constantly reminding me of the time I broke this or the time I stepped on that. Like an elephant, she is.

Thanks for visiting my blog!