Thursday, August 2, 2007

Oops!

Where in the heck have I been?! Well, spending a lot of time with my mom right now. This is a good thing. I'm the thorn in the side of Skilled Nursing at the facility where my mom is. I make sure they maneuver her into the wheelchair without allowing a 90 degree bend. I make sure she has enough pain meds but not too much. They know I'm lurking around every corner. I'm standing over everyone's shoulder. I think they're slightly scared of me and kind of unsure about what I might do next. And they don't even laugh when I say that "I'm not really a doctor, I just play one on TV." She's doing really well with the physical therapy and has stood up, although needs help taking a step. The hip replacement did not cure the Alzheimers, which I did not expect but it sure would have been nice. My dad said two things to me right before he died. He said, "So, when do we dance?" and "Take care of your mother." I am.

Today I had a major setback. I bought an article of clothing. Totally by accident. (If that statement confuses you, read 'The What and The Why', my third entry) I had taken Jay to see the Cardinals practice and we were looking at the merchandise. He wanted a shirt so bad and they had some fairly inexpensive kids t-shirts. I bought him one and he said, hey mom, get one too. And I DID!! Ugh! I totally forgot. I felt so awful! So, as penance, I am pushing my date of being able to be a clothing consumer up to July 1st instead of June 1st. So, I still am a non clothes buying person for 12 months. I didn't even realize what I had done until I was sitting there on the lush green grass, watching those beautiful football men running plays and catching passes and I looked at the bag filled with two kids shirts (I got the extra large for me - much cheaper to buy kids clothes by the way) and understood what I had done. I'm thinking about not even wearing the shirt until 2009 anyway. It just gripes me because I really have been conscious and serious about my sacrifices and then I blew it. Brush it off. Get back on track. Whew.


Threw in a funny picture of me and my mom and the tallest man in the world. He was at my dad's grocery store a million years ago and my mom and I had to get a shot. Man, those were the days!

No comments: