Thursday, September 6, 2007

Goal: Have more fun

We found this tiny lizard. He's only about an inch and a half long. Jay said, "can we keep him" and I said, "no, but you can carry him around a bit in a container and then we'll let him go again" so we found a plastic utensil holder and popped him in there with some leaves and dirt. We took him with us to the fairgrounds to pick up our wins and losses and driving back, Jay said, "We shouldn't have taken him. He looks hot and we should have just left him where he was. It's my fault" I told him that of course it's not his fault and that Mr Lizard will be fine and that we'll let him go in ten minutes, but it made me think. I'm glad Jay has that ability to feel for others and to think outside himself. But he was also so serious and guilt ridden. So, as I think in my mind "It's all my fault", and as I head into my second quarter of my one year of opus, I'm making an addendum to the rules/goals, which is to have more fun with Jay. To not be so serious all the time. Feeling solely responsible for this boy, I often, okay, pretty much always, focus on the lesson, the responsibility, the serious aspect of matters. Cripes! I'm going to try and be a little more goofy, a little bit more playful in the realm of Jay. But no, I will not include that in my daily four hours.

Speaking of, it's really hard some days to get four hours of creativity in. It's hard to get one! With all the errands and chores and meetings and blah, blah, blah stuff. I'm not complaining, just noting. I am in my fourth month of OYOO. I've accomplished some things I wanted to. I'm actually being more committed and getting more done than I had envisioned. But I need to push myself a little more. This coming week...one piece of furniture assembled, advance on drawer art, and finish current hat-in-progress. Over the next couple weeks...start taking photos for unnamed and secret future coffee table book, and start painting bottles to hold the unnamed beer I'm getting ready to brew. Goals are good. It helps if I write them down.

I saw the cover of my soon-to-be-released poetry book today. Hehehe. I love it. Can't talk about it yet though. Not till it's in my hands.

My mom is back in her room in the memory unit. I don't know what else to write about that one right now except that I'm happy she's back there. Mr Lizard is also back, alive and scurrying about, occasionally napping underneath a log in the front flower garden.

No comments: