Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh Pooh

This is my latest hat. It has tassels. I'm filling up a sack with hats to take to a shelter or someplace like that. I might keep this one though because I think the tassles really work for me. Here's my take on hats. It's one thing you really want to get new. People put all kinds of crap in their hair, plus, some people have things in their hair that they don't even want in there. So, used clothing is fine (no, I have not bought any other items of clothing), but hats, a new, neverwornbefore one is preferable. Modeling this hat is my Winnie the Pooh. You only know that because there is a WP on his shirt. He doesn't much look like any W the P I've ever seen before. Here's the story on that....

When I was about ten, I wanted a Winnie the Pooh. My mom had some woman from down the block MAKE me one. I didn't want no stinkin home made W the P! I wanted the standard, orange-yellow, plush (not frickin terry cloth) W the P. So, for Christmas, I got this unofficial, FAKE Winnie the Pooh. I was stunned, to say the least, on Christmas morning when I tore off the wrapping paper and found THIS. Silence. I'm afraid I was a little ungrateful. I probably even cried. And now? Now I love this darn W the P. I cannot get rid of it. It kind of serves as, first, my humbling reminder that I should just be thankful for what I get, and second, it's different than all the other W the P. (Why is that okay now and so horrendous when I was a kid?!), and third, my mom had someone make me a W the P. She thought she was doing something special. She was.

Here is a picture of Sally Field at the Emmy's last night. I love awards shows. It was the funniest thing. I took three pictures of her and she has her eyes closed in all of them. For some reason I didn't think it was possible to take a picture of someone on television and have them close their eyes. I speak about the Emmy's now only to say that Rainn Wilson, the guy who plays Dwight on The Office, also played fish boy in the Rob Zombie film, House of a Thousand Corpses (I love scary movies). I adore The Office and it will always make me laugh. Dwight did not win the Emmy, although I was cheering madly for him.

I fed my mom two bowls of strawberry ice cream a couple nights a go. She kept wanting more and more. I think that, once you hit your eighties, no one can ever tell you you've had enough ice cream.

5 comments:

Jen said...

You are absolutely right. There is NO such thing as too much ice cream. Especially for a sweet Mommy!

D-HOR said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW your Pooh story is so nice. :) Now that I'm older I too love the stuffies that my mom made for me the best. (yeah so I still have like all my stuffed animals but dang it they were my FRIENDS! how could I throw them out?) They all look goofy and not right but it was so nice of her to try.

matthew said...

man, we're dumb when we're kids! i guess we can get that stuff out of the way then, so we can be cool later in life, right?

Whispering Willow said...

I love that hat! Did you knit or crochet it? This is April by the way. I saw Joanna in class today and she gave me your blog address. I love what you have done with it. I still have some earlier posts to read through, but so far it looks great. I love the idea of your one year opus. Do you mind if I add your blog to my blog's blogroll?

jill or jay said...

Whispering willow - Yes, of course you can add my blog to your blogroll. I couldn't pull your blog up. E-mail me with the address. Nice to hear from you!