Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blech


Here is a picture of the strange tadpole. It's either something completely normal and everyone but me learned about it in fourth grade, or it's severely poisonous and has leached alien blech into my glassware and kitchen. It's about an inch and a half long. Weird.

It's almost fall (yummy sigh). If I don't become a mutant cyborg after picking up that odd creature (yes, I really did hold it in my hand. eeewwwww), I'll soon be enjoying my favorite time of year. Sweaters, fires, crisp air, leaves turning into yellows and reds. Football, Halloween, plus, big things always happen to me in the fall. Coffee even tastes better in the morning. And I have to finish by saying this about coffee...I love it, but I have stopped grinding my own. Huge simplification of my life. I grind it in the store. It's still fresh and tasty, but there's no grinder on the counter, no ground coffee flying through the air, no clean-up, and the cup is in my hands that much quicker. It's sacrilege to some I suppose, but I'm still drinking rich, awesome coffee with much less work. Oh, p.s....unless someone has committed the grievous sin of grinding flavored coffee in the store grinder, in which case I either buy the already ground, or go to a different store (damnit).

4 comments:

D-HOR said...

What in sams hill IS that thing?? I've rescued a lot of tadpoles in my day an'dve mucked around in a lot of ponds but that thing is out there. What the crap kind of tail is that??

Are you feeding the lill guy? They need food after a certain stage and can eat flaked fish food.
I read lettuce as well but I don't know what the hell nutrition they would get from it.

D-HOR said...

Ok I was wrong lettuce or spinich BOILED then cooled given to the lil guys are a good food source. Who knew? But that stuff is only good untill they reach the leg stage when they need "meat." I think at that point the fishfood will be fine and dandy.

D-HOR said...

Ok It actually looks like it might be a Tadpole shrimp (long-tailed apus)

Do you live in a hot dry region like texas,utah or nevada?

I don't know WHAT to feed these buggers but I'm thinking fish food. You can find more stuff if you google tadpole shrimp.

Ok I'm sorry maybe you don't give a hoot but I'm kind of a weirdo for amphibians. Best of luck any-hoo. :)

jill or jay said...

L - Thank you so much for the info! I DID try the fish food which went over fabulously! He loves it. Hot and dry - yep - Arizona. I must confess. I too am a weirdo for amphibians...have always liked mucking around in ponds and creeks looking for critters. A friend of mine mentioned "triops" so I'm going to go look up both that and the tadpole shrimp now.