Thursday, January 13, 2011

Psssst....

Have you HEARD about Allegiant Air Airlines? They are really cheap. And good. My nephew, Neal, and his family flew from Idaho tp Phoenix for almost nothing at Thanksgiving on Allegiant Air. I just checked on a flight to Kansas from Phoenix and it's 40.00 one way. That's crazy! I am really into saving money right now. I occasionally do this money challange with myself where I give myself a boundary financially and then try to stick to it. Hahaha. I did it very successfully a few years ago during my actual One Year of Opus and did not buy anything that I might wear (including purses, shoes, ear rings). FOR ONE YEAR. Honestly, I accidentally bought one Cardinals tee shirt, but that's all. Otherwise, I did it, and I saved a crapload of money.

So, for the month of January I'm only buying things I can ingest. Wine, groceries, medication and chocolate all fall into this category. I have passed up two VERY cute shirts at Target, a beautiful flannel comforter cover from Eddy Bauer, a few books and some jewelry. And; Christmas decorations at 50% off, a cool piece of art on etsy, a set of Tupperware at Sam's Club, and several other pieces of clothing. Whew! Obviously I need to do this more often.


It is necessary; therefore, it is possible.
--G. A. Borghese

No comments: