Monday, July 30, 2007

Part two, the second time

Quote of the late evening:
"Never be afraid to make someone do what is right"
jmd


It's only an hour from the time I wrote that last blog, but after midnight tonight, I have vowed to get back to my creative whirl...so, I must catch you up first. After calling three doctors, and after they, very graciously called the facility and the doctor who released my mama, that doctor called me himself. I voiced my concern, informed him that I'm not usually the squeaky wheel, but, for my mother I will do whatever I have to do to assure that she is well cared for. Huh-ummm....in fact, I'll be a calling the insurance company in the morning to inquire as to how long the average hospital stay is for a hip replacement in a older woman with dementia. And, if she's not smiling and alert when I go see her in the morning, I'll need her readmitted to the hospital, because that's how she was the last two days when I saw her. And, I'd like to see a list of the times and amounts and kinds of pills she's been given. And, I'd be heading up to see my mama in a few minutes and I hoped they'd have a "watcher" with her by then. So I tromped up there at 9:30 pm, and my mama was much better. Clean, new diaper, pillow strapped between her legs to keep her from tweaking her new hip, warm blanket, tucked in bed, very nice woman sitting in a chair at the side of her bed, watching The Closer, I think, on tv and glancing at my mom occasionally. That's all I wanted. No disco ball or caviar milkshakes. Just good care. I just wanted someone to do the right thing. Thank you.

Now I am going to go finish my glass of wine, go to bed, and start a new book from the library. Creativity can wait until tomorrow. And again, thank you.

No comments: