Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 27

Yes, I have a facebook. I have a myspace. But my heart belongs to blogspot. Still, I have come to see a virtue in the other two. I have a huge group of folks I know; some I have known for years, and some have known me from the day I was born. So, I can kinda keep in touch through these other forums. I can see pictures of them on vacation, or find out when they're playing the guitar at a local gig. I check in once in a while and have even started to participate, albeit, minimally, in the poking, sending gifts, and joining odd clubs. But the blogworld is home. It's words. It's stories. It's not a single sound bite, it's a concert. In blogworld, we don't start out as familiar, we get there through our writing. Every once in a while people stop blogging (where are you Hermitgrrl? write me Imez!) and I miss their words. Sometimes they switch from one to the other, for good reason (Hi jillyineyre). And sometimes they reply and contribute. Yesterday, Tyge from neonlounge sent me this recording of jjgrey and mofro relating to my Feb 26th blog. Thanks Tyge! I loved it!! It's the second song, Nare Sugar, and if you want to skip to the Flagstaff reference (although you might just want to listen to the music) go 1:30 into the song. Check it out......


http://www.archive.org/details/jjgreyandmofro2007-03-28.matrix.flac16

No comments: