Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm just warming up

Warmth. It's finally warm outside. I'm ready for tulips to emerge from the ground and I'm ready to start planting tomato plants and pole beans. Hahahahahaha! Wait, I live in Flagstaff. Here's what will really happen.....the next week will be stellar; warm, sunny, no jacket. People here will start wearing flip flops and shorts. The sale of sunglasses will sky rocket and the cinders still littering the streets will slowly disappear. Everyone will be happy and slightly giddy. The greeting will be, "Isn't this weather wonderful?!" and the reply of "Ohhhh yes, it's heavenly outside" will ring through the streets. It will be Who-ville, only instead of being excited about Christmas, we'll all be excited about the temperature clocking in at 55 degrees.

Then, sometime in March, the Grinch of snowandchill will bite us all in the butt. We'll go to bed with only a comforter and a flannel sheet and wake up FROZEN. We'll look out the window and the whole world will be white. Hahahahaha. That was the Grinch laughing, not me. My son will have a dreaded snow day. Augghhhh. B will have to shovel the driveway. Curses! And I will turn the heater up to 80 degrees. $$$$. Damn.

There will be several more snows before spring. Realistically, there's no planting to be done until late May. I just might have chains on my car tires again. So, I suppose the beauty is that during the middle of winter, there are warm, sunny, short-sleeve, flip-flop weather days. Even the chickens are out in the sun indulging in dust baths.

And talking about chillin' with my peeps, I want to give a shout out to a couple of gals who I know are reading my blog; Dale and Greta. I hope you enjoy reading it half as much as I enjoy writing it! Rock on, girlfriends!

1 comment:

said...

In March of 2007 I drove to Phoenix to catch Mofro at the Rhythm Room. They had played Flagstaff the night before. It's best to hear J.J. tell what happened. Go here:

http://www.archive.org/details/jjgreyandmofro2007-03-28.matrix.flac16

And click the second song, "Nare Sugar" fast-forward it to the 1:05 mark.

I was estatic to be able to find a live recording of the show I attended. The Internet Archive is full of live music from all kinds of bands and it's easy to burn them onto cds. Enjoy!