Friday, August 7, 2009

8/6/09

I fell asleep last night with my computer in my lap, open to this page. I was starting a blog and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. That's what happens when you have to be at work at 4:15 in the morning. You get flipping TIRED.

I was going to write about my lovely garden. I'm getting lots of zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, peppers of all kinds and beets and turnips. We had mashed turnips with butter the other night and Jay just about lost it. So, here's the recipe I use for zucchini bread. If you don't grow zucchini, go buy some and make this bread! Oh, I up the cinnamon to 2 tablespoons. Yum1


Easy Zucchini Bread


Ingredients for one loaf:
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
3 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Directions:
Stir together eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini. Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add to zucchini mixture. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. You may need 15 minutes more. Cool completely before freezing. Makes 2 loaves.

This recipe from ezinearticles.com

No comments: