Sunday, August 2, 2009

When I grow up.....



Nothing profound.
Nothing witty.
Just a darn good example of macro photography.
Hahahaha.

I love stickbugs. One reason I bought my house
was that there were stickbugs about and I thought
that might be a lucky thing, I suppose
I tend to assign "luck" to things I like, which may still
result in lucky/blessed/stellar outcomes. It all works
for me! Also, I am growing round carrots,
which I did no even know existed. But they do.



Here is a list of some other things I would have liked to have been. I used to really like that quote, "It's never too late to be what you might have been" but I can see that it isn't always possible. Once you own a home and have kids and work a job and establish a life, it takes either a great amount or courage or a tremendous amount of stupidity to change it, especially when you LOVE the life you have. So, I fondly look at the things I would liked to have concentrated on earlier in life but didn't, either because I had no idea they were possibilities or because of lack of talent or because I just made other choices.....
Photographer
Architect
Singer
Psychologist
Archaeologist
Anthropologist
Hat check girl
Loan shark
Welder

When I was little, say ten or so, I wanted to be a witch.

Okay, I may still be a famous photographer. Or a loan shark. Give me a few years. The -gist's are probably out....I have no desire to go back to school and take math or science. I would still like to weld, but I would like to use it as an art, not work at some factory. The singer idea is a bust. My singing is so very wrong. Hmmmmm. Stay tuned.

The successful always has a number of projects planned,
to which he looks forward. Anyone of them could change
the course of his life overnight.
--Mark Caine

1 comment:

said...

I'm sure you're talking career-wise, but really, if you've ever built anything out of legos you've been an architect. Singing in the shower makes you a singer. Giving friends advice makes you a psychologist, digging something out of the dirt makes you an archaelogist, people-watching makes you an anthropologist, putting a visiting friend's hat/coat in the closet makes you a hat check girl, lending money to friends makes you a loan shark and far as welding, well, maybe you'll have to settle for re-runs of Flashdance.

Enjoying your posts!