Monday, August 17, 2009

Groovy, man.

I'm watching a special on the History channel about Woodstock. Wavy Gravy, Ritchie Havens, Country Joe and the Fish, Santana. Sly and the Family Stone, Abbie Hoffman, Janis Joplin. I know some of you remember it. People CHANGED the world. I love seeing all the folks who are in their 50's and 60"s now that were there as teenagers. So many of them went on to make a difference (and yes, so many of them overdosed and didn't even make it to 30). What an energy there was then. Not just Woodstock but that whole era. I was on the tail end of it but those periods of great change are very fascinating to me. Human rights, Vietnam, Martin Luther King. And Woodstock. Every person between 15 and 30 needs to watch this special so you can thank all the people in their 40"s, 50's and 60's for making it a little easier to speak your mind and grow your hair and be free (and smoke pot). Watch it.

Woodstock

By the way, Country Joe MacDonald from Country Joe and the Fish looks like a high school principal now.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Jill, you make me feel like such a slacker; I really need to step my blog/ blogging up, and get just a touch hipper.

-Chris Metz