Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Rest of the Story

So, last night's post was a bit sparse. I wanted to honor my 30 days of Stuff even if I wrote (doodled) nonsense. So, consider it my introduction.....


I'm building a small addition onto the house. But first, the backyard, which we fondly call Beirut, needed a little fixing. There was a trampoline back there that Jay was done with, and as much as I liked it, it was time to make it go away. I called a few friends and found a taker. Carolyn came over with her two kids in tow in the early evening and we sat and drank a little wine and ate cheese and bread sticks. Chris, her husband, and his friend, Gabe, showed up a couple hours later and we sat around the outdoor table for another hour. It got dark! We had a trampoline to move! So, we just decided to carry it out of the backyard, set it on the roof of their car, and be done with it. Five of us moved it in fifteen minutes. I laughed so hard the entire time. Here are a few pictures.

We didn't even tie it down! We called it the floating potato chip and the huge alien space ship and then they got in their van and drove that thing home. Had we actually thought about what we were doing we probably would not have done it. We did not take out the satellite dish, although it was close. We did not put a hole in the neighbor's siding. We did not spend hours with screw drivers and springs. I like having friends that just get'er done. They got it home and it was being jumped on again by 10:00 am. Now that's a party.

No comments: