Thursday, August 13, 2009

Confession

I was not really on vacation. Hahahaha. I was lazy. Also, I wanted to refresh you on some great quotes. Mostly, I was lazy. I have several stories to relate but they include pictures that are still in my camera or phone and I'm too lazy to hook up the cords and hit "import." There's the "Haircut" and there's the "Barry's Birthday." and they both have photo input. But......

Jay got a faux hawk. This is a haircut that is not a mohawk but resembles one. Here's my conversation on THAT over the last couple days......

Jay - (Tuesday afternoon right after haircut) - I LOVE my hair!!!!
Me - Me too!
Jay - (In thirty minutes) - I HATE my hair.
Me - Why? It looks great!
Jay - It's all flat now. Everyone at school will HATE it.
Me - It'll be fine.
Jay - (Right before bed) I LOVE my hair.

Jay - (next morning texted to me at work) I HATE MY HAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me - (No response)
Jay - (Noon, when I get home) - Did you get my text? I hate my hair. It's stupid.
Me - Yes, I go your text. It's not stupid, it's just a haircut. It'll grow out. And it looks good.
Jay - Really? Are you being honest?
Me - Yes, it's good!
Jay - (An hour later) - I LOVE my hair! I need stronger gel.

Jay - (After a gel run to Target) - I love my hair.
Me - Good.
Jay - (An hour later) - I hate my hair. I bet 60% of my class will hate it.
Me - Okay, stop now. It's just hair. Anyway, I bet only 15% will hate it.
Jay - Yeah? Who? Who do you think will hate it?
Me - No one will hate it. It's cool.
Jay - I'm going to be so embarrassed. It's too short.
Me - It makes you look mature.
Jay - (Right before bed) - I love my hair.

Jay - (This morning) - I HATE my hair. I'm going to wear it wet because it looks longer.
Me - No you're not. Stop grousing about your hair.
Jay - I hate it.
Me - (No response)
Jay - (Several hours, and three different gel applications later) I LOE my hair.
Me - I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

said...

I just got my haircut today... and I LOVE my hair. But perhaps tell your son that the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut... is two weeks.

jill or jay said...

Two weeks. You are so right.