Saturday, November 15, 2008

#29 (file under catching up)

The reason why my blogs are so flipping superficial lately is because it's hard to write every day especially when you're REALLY busy. I would say that out of the last 26 days of blogging, maybe three posts are ones I would want to read if I was the reader not the writer. But, it's been all about the writing commitment, not the content so much. And, other things, some still superficial, some not, are going on. So, here is a quick catch-up.

I have a JOB and it's going well. I am a Starbucks barista and it's very fun. I like the people I work with and the benefits are outrageous! I had several moments of inferior caste related panic attacks but I got over them. It's a part-time, full benefits, flexible, fun experience, during which I make a little money. Yay!

I started painting furniture again. Well, I think tomorrow I paint, the last couple days I've been dremeling and contemplating. But I am making things. I've started working on hats again and very soon I'm going to learn how to throw pots.

And speaking of pots, I have B in my life now. The good man in my life that throws pots, is amazingly nice to my son, and makes me laugh. This is the best. It is fun and it is great. It is effortless.

I'm teaching school and it's almost Christmas break. I have a poetry class next semester. I think it's been good to have a semester off from poetry. I've redone my syllabus and spent time NOT thinking about poetry which is good. And if, I mean WHEN, you write a sonnet, per yesterdays post, you may submit it in my comments and you could win a prize.

Even though my life is better, it's still got enough weirdness to make it mine. I have chickens that lay blue eggs and my garage is now an art studio and my car never stays clean even when I clean it every day.

I looked at my post from one year ago and my life was really hard. My mom was dying, I was in a horrible relationship, and my creativity was about nil. I looked at that post, called Bridges, and I could remember that internal feeling so well. But it's not the feeling I have anymore. I still think about my mom every day. She was the best mom. I had this very ideal childhood, mostly because of the love of my parents, and then in my adulthood, went through some years of shit (yeah, some of it my own making). Now, I'm in a place I wasn't sure I'd get to. If you go to that post, from a year ago today, there's a picture of me wearing this coat and smiling so big you can almost hear me laugh. That's where I am. Now. Whew.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow - you and I have so much in common in our last calendar year, don't we? Now we're on the other side of that darkness basking in the sunshine! We deserve it!