Sunday, November 16, 2008

#30 (file, again, under drivel)

Well, this is the 30th day in a row of blogging. It's been fun (not really) and tiring (really). It's been good in that I needed to write and I have. I've continued writing, often, after I've finished the blog for the day. It makes me think more. It makes me take the whole blog process less seriously. Okay, it really has been fun. Will I write more from now on? I don't know. I do find it helpful to give myself assignments and goals. So, we'll see.

You may think this picture is of the beautiful trees silhouetted against the equally beautiful night sky. Wrong. It is of my neighbors having their Christmas lights up already. See, there, in the lower left corner. Christmas lights. WTF? Although, truthfully, that is exactly something I would do if it wasn't so far down on my "to do" list. I'd probably put them up the day after Halloween and take them down in February. I'll be lucky to get them up by December 15th. Of course, I'll have help so they might make it up by the 1st. I am not a commercial Christmas person, although I do love the getting and giving of the presents. Are there really people who don't like getting presents?!?! What is wrong with those people? I would like to recieve a present for many more holidays than just Christmas and birthdays! But that's not why I love Christmas. I love the tv shows, like The Grinch and A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love the food and the baking and the decorating. I love the thought and the kindness and the happiness that permeates the whole season. Bring it on, baby! And really, presents are never wrong.

Some other drivel.....

Extreme Home Make-Over. I love that show. Love Ty. They do such a nice thing (I sound like I'm seventy). Jay and I get teary over it every Sunday (yes, we watched it tonight).

Going to work at 7:00 am. It's really okay. It's nice being up early and being done by noon. Thought it would be harder. Okay, I've only done it one day. I'll get back to you.

Good neighbors are underrated. I love my neighbors. Walking Stan just for fun. Coming over to borrow an egg. Stopping by with a beer, or checking to see if I have a good bottle of wine open. Watering plants when I'm gone. They are the best.

Checks. Does anyone use checks anymore besides me? Remember when it was so great to get cool checks? Now, pay on the Internet. So many things are obsolete. Checks. Camera film (I have four rolls and don't know what to do with it). That's all I can think of right now but I know that tons of other things are going the way of checks and camera film.

I'm not blogging tomorrow. I'm painting a table instead. But I'll be back in a few days with pictures or stories or poetry assignments. I have no idea how many people read this, as my blog doesn't really beg for comments, but I know quite a few of you and I do appreciate it. There is something about writing for an audience that makes writing more fun for me. Thanks.

Thank you, God, for this good life and forgive us if we do
not love it enough.
--Garrison Keillor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, it's brook. I am back on the blogging seen, at least I am reading yours again, and will get to posting on mine soon, maybe today. So good to hear about you. Glad you are in a good place, I remember that post a year ago. I was at a hard time in my life too, and you were so helpful to me. It amazes me that you were so inspiring and helpful even at a hard time for you. We are good, we live in Cancun, we have been here a week, and I am happy to say we are in a good place. thanks for writing

Imez said...

See? It has been forever since you posted. You've gone and made yourself sick of it! Boo!