Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 23 (on the road)

We're heading out to Vegas. I'm blogging now so that tonight, when I win FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS and I'm busy choosing which color Prius I'll drive off the lot (one of each, please), I won't feel obsessed with getting to my computer.

I'm going to do a time share presentation. That gives me really cheap rooms. I LOVE doing time share presentations. I really like looking at the model rooms, I like hearing the amazing deals. By the way, a time share presentation goes like this; you go to some resort and in exchange for "something" like a $100 Home Depot card or two nights in Vegas, you listen as someone tries to sell you a time share (which is a vacation, but you kind of "own" the room. Google it!). They are so good at it! You have to stay for at least 90 minutes to get your prize. I'm always very complimentary as I get up, at 89 minutes and 58 seconds, and tell them what a GREAT job they did, and YES it IS a wonderful deal, but I just can't today....can I have my prize now?

So, we're off. Tomorrow, I write from Vegas.

3 comments:

Imez said...

I wonder if those time share presenters feel bad about themselves. No one wants their service, although you seem pleasant enough about it.

said...

My friend from Florida comes to Vegas and does the time share thing too. One sure way to get out of it, if the pressure is on, is simply tell them you're filing for bankruptcy and your kids, all 7 of them, need new shoes.

Michael C. Rush said...

Or tell them you're a poet...