Monday, May 17, 2010

Meeeee

I have run out of things about MEEE to write about. Well, it's temporary, I just am having a hard time writing every day about me. I'm still going to honor the thirty days of MEEE plan, just not thirty days in a row.

Do you remember that joke from Jr High? The one that had something to do with a store having a sign out front that said "Open 24 hours" and when some guy went there to buy something at 2:00 a.m., there was no one there and the store was closed. So he goes back the next day and says to the manager, "I thought you were open 24 hours" and the manager says, "Well yeah, but not IN A ROW."

That joke was funny in Jr High.



Anyway, I love lady bugs. Here is a picture of a whole clump of them. It's not like these all just descended on my garden, no, I had to spend money to get this many ladybugs. I used to think ladybugs were bringers of good luck.Does it matter if you have to pay to get them? I suppose it would be like buying a rabbit's foot (how archaic is THAT these days) or a horseshoe. So, I am overflowing with good luck....or at least when good things happen this week, I will blame it on the ladybugs. In this picture they are on my tomatillo plant. Yesterday I planted eight tomato plants, a tomatillo, a yellow bell pepper, an eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and pumpkin. Even in the midst of my black hole of a backyard, the garden is growing.


We saw Robin Hood and I wasn't really impressed. I want to go see Letters From Juliet, even though I'm not a huge chick flick girl. Nothing can beat "When Harry Met Sally" as far as I'm concerned. But I want to see Vanessa Redgrave with her real life sweetie. Plus, it looks CUTE. Sleepless in Seattle, You've got Mail, those are cute too, and Bridget Jones Diary (the first one, baby) is great and makes me laugh the entire movie, but WHMS is still the classic, supreme romantic comedy of contemporary film.

Random pieces.....I am making plans for Kansas. I cannot stand wind. Quinoa is becoming a favorite food. I still miss the Barneys. I have several nervous tics. I would like to rent a house in Italy for a month some summer.

No comments: