Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gaga for the Internet

I have a couple things. First, I like some of Lady Gaga's music. Really. It's fun and I like her voice and it's great car dancing stimulis. She dresses like a very rich crack whore (okay, how many crack whores do I know - zero), and I have to respect the total "I don't give a damn what you think" attitude. But as much as I like her songs, I like the covers even better. Here's one....



and here's another.....



I am not the only one who finds her interesting and her songs worthy, obviously.

Second, I am fully integrated into the world of the Internet. I have a blog, I participate on Facebook, I have two e-mail addresses (one for people I know and one as an address to put down for superfluous things) and I am on the Internet EVERY DAY. There is a part of that that saddens me. I know I would get much more done in my life if I didn't have internet. But I also love keeping in touch with good people. I have blog friends. I can check in with relatives I haven't seen for ages. I DO feel more connected with friends and family. I believe, once again, it's all a matter of moderation. I still keep lists of things I have to do and I am very careful to be aware when those things aren't getting done. I try to limit myself to an hour a day TOTAL on the internet, and I try to make it around 8:00 - 9:00 at night, when other things aren't available anyway.

Sometimes the world changes and I miss the old. I can't help but think back to when I was a kid and we spent so much time outdoors. Now, many of the kids I know spend most of their time on the computer or playing electronic games and watching TV. Plus, we used to stay out roaming the neighborhood during the summer until 10:00 at night. Parents are so very careful these days and there are so many quacks out there that kids stay much closer to home. This technology is amazing but sometimes I think it's making us all lazy. At least with wireless, I can sit in a lawn chair and catch some sun while I read about what someone ate for breakfast on Facebook. Hahaha.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein


1 comment:

Brook Ann ( the Great ) said...

Jill, I love when you post a lot. I always follow your blog, even though i don't always comment. I think of you often. My second child is now loving animal flashcards you sent us all that time ago. I love to hear from you. brook