Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday....

I want a bigger life. I LOVE my life. But I want bigger. B and I saw the movie "Blood Into Wine" Saturday and it was wonderful. It's a pseudo-documentary which is also a real documentary about Maynard Keenan from the band Tool and his new (well, for the last ten years) wine making business. I thought...this guy is probably a goofy wild-ass rocker who is putting his name on wine that he has nothing to do with. But the guy is committed! He's articulate and fairly humble. If it comes to your area, see it! So, about the bigger life.....I want to do something big like that. Make a movie, work for something I'm passionate about, or write a coffee table book that rivals Kramer's (remember that Seinfeld episode?). Seriously.

Jay ran a 5K on Saturday morning. He did really good. He wore Vans. Holyyyy crap. I didn't realize it until the race was over and B pointed it out. "Look what shoes he's wearing." He came in 4th for his age bracket. With Vans. I said, "wasn't it hard to run" and he replied, "YES." I am NOT taking this on as my fault however. He IS twelve and should know what shoes to wear. I signed him up immediately for another race and bought him some running shoes.

We're heading out for Durango in a matter of minutes. Jay's class has a field trip to learn about the Colorado Plateau and we're actually going there. Cabins by a river. Mesa Verde. Snacks. S'mores. Twenty 6th graders with hormones raging. This is it, baby. The last field trip. In middle school the parents do NOT go along. I've already been informed. But Jay is excited I'm going and I get to ride along with my filed trip buddy for the last 6 years, Audra, and we're going to enjoy it. Mainly, Frito's and bean dip. Every field trip, Frito's and bean dip. We may drive everyone else away but we are having fun. Hahaha.

2 comments:

beansai said...

You know, I think about this kinda stuff too. I've always wanted to do something big too, but big in a way that was me. Sometimes the big things that I would like to accomplish are completely contrary to my personality - as in I would have to be unbelievably social and charming and assertive to get things done. I just don't work that way. I want the something big to be achieved in my own, quiet, humble way, but still be appreciated as a big thing. Hmmm. nomnomnom food for thought I suppose

hermitgirl said...

omg i totally love lady gaga u shud check out her youtube video of "speechless", the live version... yowza her voice is goosebumpy good well i wrote a crap ton of other stuff but blogger was being a pain so i'll have to write again another time
take care